Monday 17 December 2012

Creative goings on!

Hellllooooo to everyone out there in blog land! how are you all?

Did you know there is only 6 days till christmas? arrggghhh I am NO WHERE near ready... I still have both my parents and their partners, Trystrams parents, my brother in-law and grandparents to organise presents for.... Oh and of course my hubby... we have made a pact this year, we are buy each other stuff for our back yard for Christmas, 3 years of it being a sand pit is enough! I am buying him a wheel barrow, and he is buying me a Tree!

Any way, so this last week I decided that I wanted to hand make some of my gifts, great timing hey? its not like working full time, and being a mummy is enough, I now have to put extra stress on my self hahaha

I had half made emelia a dress for her Daycare Christmas Party, but never quite got round to putting the finishing touches on it, and as it was her party on Friday night, I had to finish it up very quickly on thursday night. Very happy with how it turned out.


Looking pretty pleased with her self! Michael Miller -  Christmas Fabric Peace and Firefly in Red by Pillow and Maxfield. Purchased here
I also decided to make was some Felt "Paper dolls" Emelia loves dressing and undressing her dolls, but gets frustrated as her little fingers dont quite co-operate with her mind. So I came up with the brilliant idea of making some felt dolls and clothes to go with them.

I drew the patterns, then cut them out of felt.
A set for Emelia and a set to gift to her daycare

Emelia found the daycare set, at least I know she will enjoy this present!

I drew the patterns up, If I can figure out how to upload them to the computer I will pop them up as a PDF so if you want to make them, you can just print the patterns out. I just used felt, so there was no sewing needed. I am considering sewing the hair on, as its a bit painful trying to find those bits all the time!

Next I decided to make a rag quilt, I ran out of wadding about half way through, otherwise I would have finished this last night.

Moda - Domestic Bliss by Liz Scott purchased here

My little helper - what a rat bag!
I am loving this project so far, love the colours! I dont know if I want to give it away :-/ I have used a lovely soft flannel on the back, and 100% cotton wadding, its so soft and snuggly!

I will post a picture when it is all finished, and raggy!

I still have a few projects I want to tackle before christmas, but I have nearly 2 weeks off over Christmas and New Year, so if I dont get them done in time, I can always do them in my break!

hope you all have a lovely christmas!

Love Bec xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment